26 August 2007

My First Days of School

So I've completed my first real week of teaching Kindergarten and let me just say, It was effing terrible. Probably one of the worst weeks of my life. Well, 1/2 a week, since my mornings in the preschool are infinitely better than my afternoons. Let me break it down for you with a sweet Venn Diagram:

As you can see, not everything is so great. Obviously, there are sides to both, but that stupid thing took me like, 40 minutes to create and I'm not doing it again so soon. Therefore, I will make a simple list:

Kindergarten good:
  1. Chris & Steph as my co-teacher/aide are very much fun.
  2. A rare few of the kids are cute, smart, and listen to me
  3. I do get lots of breaks because of specials.
  4. Planning is pretty easy, since Chris knows lots of stuff
  5. I don't work every other Friday, holidays off, & no school in the summer
  6. I'm getting paid a pretty nice chunk of change
Preschool bad:
  1. I really miss having Liz around
  2. We're still trying to put the classroom together
  3. I'm constantly surrounded by kids
  4. Planning is harder, because Liz & her folders are gone
  5. I'm getting paid, well, it's still pretty good.
Next week, Steph will come in at 1:00 to help me out, and I'm still holding out hope for a new Kindergarten class to open and take away 7 of those little .... angels.

In other news, Michael's mom is in town this weekend. So far, we've had a Strawberry Waffle breakfast, gone to Prescott, ate delicious Thai food, played cards, and watched Beerfest. On tap today is a possible trip to Lockett Meadow, a Barnes & Noble stop, and a date including Peruvian food & a -maybe- movie. Tomorrow, it's back to the trenches with the added bonus of NAU classes starting! Maybe I'll make myself a white russian with breakfast - it's milk right?

Michael says "Das Boot!"

1 comment:

aleisha said...

hahahahha! Im not laughing cause your week pretty much sucked ass (and trust me I know- I had an all day- 26 student- kindergarten class all to myself for a week, and Im pretty sure I ended up quitting after dealing with those hellians.) Im laughing at the white russian comment. And yes, you are right- it is milk. :)