18 September 2007

"Worst teacher ever"

Nice waiting everyone! You're infinitely more patient than my kinders. So, the highlight of today went a little something like this:
Me: "You have a yellow face, so you'll have to go sit on the fence for the rest of recess."
Kid: "Nooo!"
Me: "Yes, go."
Kid: "You're the worst teacher ever!"
Me: "I'm sorry you feel that way, but you still have to go to the fence."
Kid: "It's true!!"
Me: "It could be; go sit down."
Kid, as he walks off: "And you're rude, too!"
Me: *giggles*

A close second was when a little boy from another class came up, pointing and speaking very fast Spanish. So I say, "I don't...speak Spanish." And he ran off, before Steph and I started laughing hysterically. I wasn't very teacher-y today.
Anyway, in news that has nothing to do with people on Earth less than a decade, Michael has been in Prescott all week. So far, I've managed to move/unpack/re-organize our living room, bedroom, and spare room. I'm quite proud of myself. Especially since I spent most of last night babysitting for the most active children ever. We spent 20 minutes playing "Dungeon Bunnies", wherein I chase & chase & chase them until I can't breathe and they all laugh.
Well, I'm off to drink some hot tea with Ziacam (i'm all head-colded out. frick.) and try and fix the frickin leak in the sink that has supposedly been "fixed" twice. Who does the repairs at this place? A doodlebug? (I just like saying doodlebug)

Michael says, "Are those capris? Oh, the shorts that want to be pants."

1 comment:

aleisha said...

I think I won "worst mommy ever" yesterday. We were at the post office and they were taking FOREVER (one person working, and a line to the door, gotta love QC) and I had colby sitting on the floor playing with his homeade playdough that he made in preschool (and was sooo proud) and he was out of control and i ended up throwing it away cause he wouldnt listen!!! I think I broke his little heart when he saw me toss it in the can. :(