23 March 2008

Nuts of fun

I'm 24!! And I celebrated with the Most. Awesome. Family. EVER! So many people came - it was so nice: my own Wiedel's, Sonny & Sally, Nana, Aunt's Cathy and Leanne, Sarah (who got her intro to the family in the most amazing way), Laurie (my cooperating teacher who I MISS SO MUCH), & the family Skelnik (Beth, Jim, Ashley, Alex), and Megan, Frankie, Ariel, & Elias.

For full disclosure, I was a cranky bitch up until 3:00 on Saturday, but once people came over & I saw all the lovely decorating my family did I perked right up. I tricked everyone into thinking this was just a normal Saturday with the added bonus of it being my birthday, until I busted out the first of many awesome things: Pin the Tail on the Squirrel. Kristina hand-made the game - it looked amazing (even if the tails were innuendo-ish) . I couldn't believe how much fun my family had! Kristina was in her element spinning people & everyone took a turn. Wonderful Uncle Jim pointed out how Aunt Leanne's ill-placed tail looked like very large squirrel genitalia, which cracked everyone up. And Sally won!!


Then, we played Guess How Many Nuts? Which would have been funnier - or grosser - if played the way Dad suggested: Guess Who's Nuts. None the less, everyone was in the competitive spirit & Aunt Beth was the closest 3 nuts off. It was enough fun & prizes to get everyone really rabid for the pinata.

As Michael pointed out later, who knew my family was so competitive? Frankie had it right, they are vultures! They were all really whacking it hard - My dad knocked down mom's wind charms! - and Uncle Jim & Aunt Leanne had a hilarious tusstle for the best candy-grabbing position. And after getting AS MUCH CANDY AS POSSIBLE, the toys Michael got for the pinata (disk shooters & squirt guns) started crazy rivalries between pretty much everyone.


We had pizza, ice cream cake (I finally got a Harry Potter one: the Hogwarts Express, my mom rocks), presents, Eli blowing and subsequently popping milk bubbles, and a brief period where Ariel took over my life & started offering me up for slave services.


Everyone got me really lovely things, especially since it was such short notice & I gave no indication of what I wanted.
Michael gave me some beautiful earrings & a picture
.
Mom & Dad (beyond the awesome party) got me hair pins & two purses.

Krissy took me to the mall and got me a shirt (which I put on immediately).

Zach gave me $20 of mom & dad's money. Nana got me a beautiful necklace. Aunt Leanne & the Skelniks gave me $$ to Oreganos (any Flagstaff people want to go?). Aunt Cathy gave me a message in a bottle. Sonny & Sally gave me BEAUTIFUL roses. The Lanham's gave me a great card and some spending cash, plus I got a birthday post from Caton & a late-night text from my Flagstaff friends.

Thank you everyone for making me feel so special - I love you all as much as you love me! Which should be a lot! Stay tuned for more about the other things I did this weekend besides rocking out on my birthday.

5 comments:

aleisha said...

molly_ i know im not a "flGSTff person", but hell, for you.,.. id drive there to have dinner with you! hope your bday was amazing... sounds like it was!

aleisha said...

molly_ i know im not a "flGSTff person", but hell, for you.,.. id drive there to have dinner with you! hope your bday was amazing... sounds like it was!

Randee Mecham said...

Hey Girl! I meant to call you to say happy b-day, i even put a reminder in my phone, but I totally blanked I'm sorry! After all these yrs. of me being your "true" friend I didn't even call you on your b-day! Well I hope it was good(looks like it was great)!! Oh Beegh was mad b/c he found out that his sister and you share a b-day, so now he'll never be able to forget your birthday!

Caton said...

That pinata is pretty legit looking..like straight from mexico legit, points for authenticity...when are you going to be down here again so we can hang out for reals...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had such a good b-day,l and I LOVE the picture Michael gave you. I've become obsessed with Etsy too!