"You would make a terrible chimp."
Well, this put me in a considerably better mood! So, to end on a happy note, this is an account of how I spent the last 40 minutes of my work day:
My Kindergarteners and I went outside to have extra recess, because of a long day inside. I got to sit in the sun for a bit and hang out with Ms. Chatty McTalkyson and her toy dog. Until a few kids showed up in desperate need of someone to guide their pirate actions and that I was the lucky Captain. Because I cannot resist when a certain kid acts less like he's Lord Voldemort and more like he's, well, Severus Snape to perfectly honest (he's got a long way to go), I rolled with it. At my command they got me treasure, gold dubloons, shoes, slurpees, a rare fruit from across the sea, and a precious bird from China. I love bossing kids around and so does Ms. Haughty Von Bossypants, who promptly took a vicious hold over our ship. We mutinied and made her walk the plank until she was nicer. Then we captured a bunch of princess prisoners, stuck them in the prison, and eventually released them to have a dance party. Thank god for kindergarteners and the nicknames I just gave them, which made me giggle a lot.
PS. Fenner, you know that I like you as a person because I've replaced your birthday post in less than 24 hours. That is a Herculean-feat of strength.
My Kindergarteners and I went outside to have extra recess, because of a long day inside. I got to sit in the sun for a bit and hang out with Ms. Chatty McTalkyson and her toy dog. Until a few kids showed up in desperate need of someone to guide their pirate actions and that I was the lucky Captain. Because I cannot resist when a certain kid acts less like he's Lord Voldemort and more like he's, well, Severus Snape to perfectly honest (he's got a long way to go), I rolled with it. At my command they got me treasure, gold dubloons, shoes, slurpees, a rare fruit from across the sea, and a precious bird from China. I love bossing kids around and so does Ms. Haughty Von Bossypants, who promptly took a vicious hold over our ship. We mutinied and made her walk the plank until she was nicer. Then we captured a bunch of princess prisoners, stuck them in the prison, and eventually released them to have a dance party. Thank god for kindergarteners and the nicknames I just gave them, which made me giggle a lot.
PS. Fenner, you know that I like you as a person because I've replaced your birthday post in less than 24 hours. That is a Herculean-feat of strength.
No comments:
Post a Comment