it's summer movie time!!! last night, we went to see Wolverine: Origins. I have never seen any X-Men movies, read any comics, and don't particularly lust over Hugh Jackman, but I was stoked to see it because it's the beginning of what looks to be a promising summer movie season. Wolverine was great, for primarily two reasons: the fights were awesome and the dudes were hunky!
Let me classify what a summer movie means to me. It's a movie that, in a nutshell, allows my brain to just go "oooooohhhhh!" for about 2 hours. Sometimes it's got cool sound effects (Wolverine's blades or the Transformer "ch-ch-ch"). Sometimes it's got hot boys (okay, well almost always). Mostly there are explosions and/or crazy action fights. And most importantly summer movies are 100% fictional - things happen that could never, EVER happen in real life, which therefore makes any gratuitous killing more acceptable to my brain.
Upcoming summer movies include Star Trek, Transformers 2, Terminator (maybe), and Harry Potter 6 (although this doesn't technically qualify as a "summer" movie in my book it still comes out this summer). Does anybody else just love summer movies?
P.S. a post is in the works about my cousins' 21st birthdays & mdt and i's 5th anniversary as soon as i can make blogger's picture function work for me!!
4 comments:
I was just telling Ashley that you're lack of posts was becoming unacceptable. Can't wait to see you next weekend! I'm thinking we should try to squeeze in a movie, perhaps 17 Again or ghosts or Girlfriends Past?
Krissy
i saw wolverine last night too, i was entertained and that is all i ask for! have a good week!
I know right?! I freaking love Summer movies!! Wolverine was awesome (I already saw it twice) and I can't wait to see Star Trek at midnight on Thurs!
Tell me you're coming down for HP6. It's unacceptable if you aren't.
Why am I NOT on your list of "people nearly as cool as me"?!?! I didn't make the cut? :(
Miss ya Mouse. How's the planning going? Is it overwhelming?
And summer movies would be really great right now, but the damn Ukrainians dub the voices into Ukrainian and I don't understand a thing.
Post a Comment