There's a real sweet darlin' in my class that I'll call Loverly. This is because she is very snuggly-cuddly (daily hugs? yes please!) and I know she loves our classroom (mostly because she says it on a regular basis).
Anyway, Loverly has convinced her mother to let her have school lunch on Chicken Nugget Day. This is capatilized because it's pretty much a national holiday in my classroom. Cut to the other day:
Loverly: (proudly moves her name magnet to "School Lunch")
Me, thinking: It's not Chicken Nugget Day...?
**During lunch count**
Loverly: I want chicken nuggets!
Me: Well, there aren't any today. There's popcorn chicken; that's what you want. It's just like nuggets, only round.
Loverly: (dubious face)
Me: Popcorn chicken is the same thing as nuggets, only it looks like popcorn. But it's the same thing.
Loverly: (still dubious) Yeah, but does it taste like popcorn?
In case you're wondering - and I know you must be - she did get popcorn chicken and she liked it.
2 comments:
I'm not going to lie, I thought from the title that this post was going to go into a whole different direction as to which is better, popcorn chicken or chicken nuggets and had prepared my comment accordingly. So, while your story is adorable, I'm at a loss for what to say.
post script. I would say that popcorn chicken wins over chicken nuggets, but chicken strips beats them all!
I appreciate your insight on the topic. Maybe I'll bring it up to Loverly girl? That's what it's all about, man, expanding your mind and having opinions
Post a Comment