24 August 2010

last night....

the universe bitch-slapped me and told me to buck up. this is what went down:

molly & michael are brushing their teeth.

*POP BANG!!!*
m&m: "what?!"
michael investigates in the guest room. a cider bottle has exploded (sidebar: we made hard cider a month or so ago)

molly & michael begin to clean up.
molly: "do you think the big gallon jug will burst?"
michael: "no, i think it's okay. .... maybe the top would pop off, but it's okay."

molly and michael continue to clean.

*KERSPLOSION!!!!*
molly: "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!"
michael ducks and covers.

yes. if you guessed the glass gallon jug of hard cider burst into about a million pieces. it shot straight into my tailbone, but i was wearing clothes so no cuts, just a wicked bruise. michael wasn't wearing a shirt, so he's got some pretty awesome scraps and one cut on his back that looks like a knife wound.

also, our house smells like a frat house. gew.

so, thanks universe, for telling me to stop being a whiny bitch and buck the hell up. (see jen, i could have said the "f" word, but i didn't! :) ) i promise i'll be happier in the future.


ps. it was hysterical after the shock wore off. i'm actually laughing about it right now.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

I am laughing so hard I'm in tears now...thank you for sharing :)

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

hhahahhahaha that is pretty funny molly- only because everyone is ok!

Anonymous said...

hahahahahah SO RANDOM! What an odd night that must have been :) Glad you shared with us. Miss you!!! :(

Ashley Skelnik said...

That is crazy sauce! However, you should post a picture of Michael's battle scars so I can be grossed out and simultaneously fascinated.

I thought with all the booze that Michael likes to make, he would know how to make some simple cider. Psh, what a doofus. (make sure he knows that I said that ;)

Post script. I'm thinking of coming to visit in the spring. I know I said I'd come in October, but I'm both poor and adverse to cold weather. So unless CoSprings has a snow-free October and I get a better paying job, I may have to wait even longer to see you. :(