here is a summary of my past month:
i started tucking my shirt into my pants and i love it

we went on a field trip to the zoo - classic! they were sooooo excited to go on the bus (I love the crap out of those kids)

we celebrated a friend's birthday with a, wait for it.......MURDER MYSTERY DINNER PARTY!!! this girl casie (in the black hat) planned it & set it all up (complete with dance contest) and it was the most fun ever. beware friends, this type of party is all i will accept in the future
(also, can we talk about michael's ridiculous beard?! it was a hit of the party)mdt & i also went out for a celebratory "i-got-a-job" dinner. i drank a whole beer by myself and we had the saltiest french fries on the earth.
seriously, they were VERY salty.
and in other big news, i found a recipe to make your own oatmeal creme pies. they are fucking delicious.
i believe i also mentioned something about a "shit show". to begin, the internet at our house just stopped working on sunday. their so-called "customer service" line informed me that there might be some "connection issues" and they have "no ETA in these matters". if you know me at all, you know that i just about lost my mind.additionally, over that same weekend, part of our basement was slightly flooded with rank-smelling water. hmmm. we call a plumber & they come on monday, tell us it looks like a bend in the pipe & not just a clog, recommend we get a camera to look at it, and take our money. 30 minutes later, we look at cooley and see this:
the bottom picture is an example of his regular face
yes, our dog got stung/ate/attacked (who knows?) by bees (we presume) and his face swelled up like .... i don't even have a simile to put here. it was unbelievable. we drugged him up with benedryl & he slept for a few hours and then he was back to normal. also, still no internet.but those things alone do not a shit show make. on *tuesday* we have the plumbers come back with their camera. long shit show short, the main plumbing line that goes from our home to the city's sewer line is jacked up** beyond repair and we need to undergo a huge (read: EXPENSIVE) project to assure that we don't have random raw sewage chilling in our basement. fun. (p.s. internet finally returns, but only after i have already signed up for a different provider, because skybeam can kiss my ass)
thankfully, i'm fully recovered (see above where i mention how i'm spending my days this week). and i'm back to blogging. so yay. now comment bitches.
**"jacked up" is the new favorite phrase in the Till household. try it out - it goes with everything! i feel in love with it when one of my students used it a few months ago:
Me: There's a bumblebee in this book. Can anyone share how they can make a connection to that?
Boy: Oooh! One time, I saw a bumblebee on the sidewalk and he was all jacked up. He was [insert blech sound and miming being crushed]. His guts was all [insert belch sound and crush-miming again].
Me (trying not to die laughing & noticing my evil principals in the doorway): So this bumblebee reminded you of a dead bumblebee, yes?
Boy: No, he was Jacked. Up.
Me (still dying): Okay, but when you say 'jacked up' you mean he was smushed and dead on the sidewalk, right?
Boy: Yes! He was jacked up!
I bid you adieu, but be on the lookout for a new segment that michael suggested called "This Is Bullshit!"

5 comments:
No Bueno!! and I have t laugh because I can totally imagine you walking around saying jacked up" in a furious tone. I love you!
I'm sorry to hear about the shit show but very happy about the rest of it...well, ya know, except Cooley being all swollen and Quasimodo :)
Love you!
ahahaha - kristina he was soooo Quasimodo! it was sad, yet totally ridiculous
Also, please email me that oatmeal cream pie recipe :)
Normally I wouldn't be okay with you tucking your shirt into your pants, but I must say it's not bad! However, you do need to get more than one belt. While that one is festive and cute, people may start to notice you only have one belt. Haha
I'm sorry about your jacked up-ness, but I do have a question: are you going to start calling your dog Macaulay Culkin after that bee attack? How about MaCooley Coolkin?! (I'm a genius!)
Post script. That was a "My Girl" reference, but I'm SURE you already knew that because you're super smart and knowledgeable about Macaulay Culkin movies. :)
Post a Comment