Number 1 lesson I've learned so far as a first-time parent: People Lie. I don't think people mean to lie and I definitely don't think it's malicious - but I'm pretty sure no one remembers exactly how things went down when they had an infant if their child(ren) are over the age of 5. I hypothesize this for 2 reasons. 1) people i talk to with children over the age of 5 say things that are insane, but people who currently have a child under the age of five make perfect sense. 2) I dearly hope that by the time Fenner is 5, I've forgotten all about the things I hate during this stage of life.
{an aside: Ashley just said "what are you doing?" I say, "Bloggin." Ashley says "What?!" .... 30 seconds later Michael says "what are you doing?" I say "Bloggin." Michael says "What?!" and that's why the title of this post just got changed, because i'm sure you're all saying "what?!"}
anyway, we've got a pretty tight ship around here lately. it goes like this: wake up, get ready, eat, leave the house, fenner goes to daycare, we go to work, come home from our respective places, eat, play, and then from 6pm to 6am we start The 2 Hour Loop. The 2 Hour Loop involves us getting Fenner to fall away to dreamy-dream land. Then we frantically eat, clean (also, holy crap there's a lot to clean), and sleep in 2 hour increments until morning. Around 10-11pm, we usually give up and bring Fenner into bed with us, although the Loop continues mainly just for me.
we've also had the great fortune to have our main sewer pipe give it's giant, gross middle finger. it refuses to drain more than just the simplest of water loads, so our cloth diapers are on hiatus. let me say, disposable diapers are far far inferior and i hate them with the fiery passion of a thousand suns (a thousands suns that keep getting covered in poop, because disposable diapers only need to work 60% of the time). so there's a big fat construction project coming our way soon. yay!
we are tired, dirty, and poor. ah, yes, life as a new parent. i bet some of you are laughing right now. you're saying to yourself, "oh yeah...i remember how much that sucked! hehehe, poor saps." and, really, that makes me hopeful. someday i hope i can hear the plight of a new parent and chuckle, because that will mean these awful things have ended and i can only remember the cuteness.
here's the cuteness:
p.s. i will be emailing people in the next few weeks or so, because i'm going to go private so i can feel comfortable posting pictures and videos of the little man. it's easy to still view the blog, you would just have to log in. i'm pretty sure i have everyone's email address, but if you think i don't, email me (wiedeltill@gmail.com) and i'll add you to the list.
p.p.s. i'm only going to say this once: any advice you have about baby sleep, unless it is "oh yes, my baby slept like shit. do you want a cookie?" will be viciously deleted.
p.p.p.s. michael says "ashley double-cheesed her egg!" i don't know what it means. it must stem from lack of sleep.

4 comments:
Just so you know, at least one person still looks at your blog ;)
I haven't looked in weeks, assuming the blog was a mute point. Just happened to look, and was happily surprised. I will tell you this.... new parenthood sucks. But the good thing is you have a beautiful baby, and it eventually gets better!
Love you all,
Granny Lulu
You are a blog tease.... good thing your funny and adorable :)
There is hope it will get better, otherwise I wouldn't have 3! But then it just sucks in other ways... Only 18 more years to go...
Post a Comment