11 March 2008

Hola Mis Amis

Wooooo! Updates! Wooooooo!!! I know that's what you're all thinking....

Yesterday was Michael's birthday!! He's a big boy now! It's been 17 years since he stopped breast-feeding. I know you all do wonderful posts about how much you love your husbands and how great they are and have lots of pictures and schmoopy stuff, but I am not going to do that. Michael is great and wonderful and I love him, but I'll dedicate time for all that husband-birthday-jazz when he's actually my husband.

Moving along, I did make Michael his last Dobos Torte cake for his bachelor lifetime. If you are not familiar it is frickin DELICIOUS . Ask anyone who has ever taken a bite of it's 10-to-12 layers of spongy, homemade-chocolate-frosting-y goodness. There are many ways to eat the Dobos of course, but my preferred method is the peel-apart, layer by layer. Here is a picture of what you're all missing:

We ate cake for breakfast on Sunday and opened his presents. He was really excited and surprised. I actually was able to keep what I got him a secret this year! I'm so proud. I even individually wrapped each portion so if he found the hiding place he couldn't unwrap it all. I got him 1/2 a homebrewer's kit (he bought himself the rest yesterday and brewed up a wheat beer today)
Look at that happy face

He let me open one of my presents and it was this really pretty ponytail holder I've been coveting from Etsy.com, which is full of amazing handmade items.

Check back soon for tales of how much yummy food we've been eating. Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that very top photo is you "bumming" it but you look absolutely gorgeous! I love you sissy and can't wait to see you for your birthday!
Krissy

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

TJ says: He's only 18???? what is she doing with him??? ( b/c of teh breast feeding comment) hahahhaah Oh TJ!!