18 June 2009

chompers, triceps, & cars - oh my!

item 1: chompers
I went to the dentist last week for my first cleaning in who knows how long. And, drumroll.......no cavaties!!! I also flossed last night & no bleeding! Woot woot, indeed. The cleaning was vicious, as I had years of tarter built up, but the hygenist taught me many dental hygiene facts: 1. tarter is plaque that gets hard. 2.some people can have tons of tarter in only a few weeks, other people will take year to get that much. 3. when you floss, you should wrap it around your middle fingers, not index. 4. you should also floss *underneath* your gums. 5. if your gums bleed when you floss, it means you should floss more often.

item 2: triceps
at Crossfit on tuesday (my workout class), we did what I though would be a relatively easy workout of static holds. Hold a squat; hold a plank position; hold a 1/2 way down push-up; hold on your back with your shoulders off the ground touching your toes above your head; hold a pull-up. it was rough at the time (especially because we did that so. many. times!), but today. woo-doggy, today my triceps are beat up! they are sore just sitting around, not to mention things like putting my hair in a ponytail, pulling a shirt over my head, anything that has my arms going up farther than 90 degrees to my chest. but, hey, at least it wasn't running!

item 3: cars
last wednesday i took my car to get fixed at a local shop. it had been making a terrible airplane-taking-off noise & michael suspected the bearing. he was 100% correct and the autoshop was amazing. they fixed it in 1 day! however, michael's truck also has a terrible noise (more of a marbles-rolling-around-violently sound), so i had to use public transportation for the day to drop it off & pick it up. let me say just this: the bus is awesome. for $2.00 i got all around town and didn't have to do a thing except look up what time to be a the bus stop. everyone should try it; i felt so urban

item 4: oh my!
tomorrow i'm going on my summer vacation -- to Mesa!! yeeaahh! i've got quite the line-up: dropping of my dress to get hemmed, mother of the bride outfit shopping, girls' dinner, father's day, conference in tucson, laying out at jens, insuring my ring, and possibly going to get a make-up trial. VERY BIG EDIT: AND GOING TO SEE 'AWAY WE GO' WITH MY FAVORITE COUSIN ASHLEY, WHOM I HOPE STILL LOVES ME DISPITE THIS GRAVOUS OVERSIGHT! plus when i get back, i'll be having an extended vacation -- house sitting!! yeeaaahhh again! seriously though, the house is sweet and surrounded by woods, with two decks, and a grill, and some cute dogs, and a man-house with a kegerator/pool table/game room, and we're getting paid. end of june-beginning of july will rock my socks!

2 comments:

Ashley Skelnik said...

I didn't see anything about going to see a movie with your absolute favorite cousin... rude. ;)

Anonymous said...

I freaking HATE busses. I love to drive! It clears my mind. However, it might be different if I had the "option" of driving and just thought, "hmm...maybe I'll take the bus today for fun." That would prob be much different ;)