today, we did an activity to comparing different types of living things. they got to choose an ocean animal & describe it (how it moves, breathes, reproduces, etc). then they described themselves and the plants we're growing using the same category (how they breathe, how plants reproduce, etc). it was going well, albeit pretty difficult. i mean, really, how does a starfish breathe?
anyway, my friend, The Littlest (I have 2 littlests, but the other littlest is also very absent-minded, so I call him Seamore). so The Littlest comes over during the activity with a bit of a problem that i had overlooked:
Littlest: Ms. Molly, I'm a boy!
Me: Yes, you are....?
Littlest: How do I reproduce? I don't have babies!
Me: Um, no you don't really. But how do humans reproduce? How would a mommy have a baby?
Littlest: Through her tummy. (Pats his tummy) But *I* wouldn't have a baby in my tummy.
Me: So, then, do people have live babies? You could write that.
Littlest: (giving me the most incredulous look and speaking slowly) I would never have a baby.
Me: (thinking i better just let this go) Okay, why don't you skip that then.
so, what do you think? was i right in not taking the time to explain that sperm is how boys have babies? i think i was.
4 comments:
I. Freaking. Love you!!! It's a rare moment when I will actually laugh aloud at something I am reading UNLESS it's your blog or your comments on mine. I miss you!
Segue (pronounced seg-way, not seg-you as your mother says it): On Valentine's Day weekend, I will be seeing the Percy Jackson Thursday at midnight (if I can find a friend who will risk being as nerdy as I) but I will probably be willing to see it again with you if you so choose. Or we can just chill/find something else to do. I'm excited!
And yes, it's better not to tell children the actual mechanics of child-rearing as it scars them considerably. Heck, I was scarred and I found out just now! haha
Hahaha! What a funny little kid! I for sure would not have told him, the parents can deal with that. I am in AZ Feb 10th- March 30 so let me know when you'll be in Mesa. I haven't seen you in forever!!
Thats hilarious you know he went home and asked his parents!
Both you and Michael will be enthralled by When in Rome. Josh Duhamel is gorgeous and Kristen Bell wears a few outfits that should probably cover up more, if you catch my drift.
I told you in my previous post that I will go see Percy Jackson with you even after I see it at midnight. Because Logan Lerman is my boyfriend. I'll probably end up seeing that movie every day that weekend and I'll love every minute of it!
Post a Comment