11 June 2015

I'll try to keep the size comparisons fresh.
What the hell is going on in there? I never blogged this early last time around, so here is where you'll probably get your only new tidbits of human reproduction. Little Bit is 4mm at MOST. Get a ruler people, that's teeny tiny. You may say, "Yeah, so? Lots of things are tiny." But here is all the things happening inside those 4mm: there's a distinct head, the beginnings of eyes & ears, a formed spinal column and cord, limb buds (an amazing band name!), a beating heart, TEN DENTAL BUDS IN THE JAWS!, and a tail. Damn, Mother Nature, you are so rad at this life cycle stuff.

What the hell is going on out here? I feel more chubs and some of my pants already don't comfortably button, but that's likely the extra 6ish pounds I had going for me before finding out I was pregnant. I may or may not have worn maternity pants already this week. The bright side is that I was already dressing a muffin-top, so draping around the Little Bit shouldn't be too hard!

And now for something completely different… I don't remember much of how I felt during the first weeks of finding out I was pregnant last time. I'm certain that I wasn't a crazy cartoon pregnant lady, making lunch time stops for Fritos & bean dip. Other cravings this past week include pretzels and mustard, black olives and mustard (the winning combo returns from my last pregnancy), oranges, and cheese. I've also been starving every evening come 5:45.  

In other news, our basement flooded during the Fracking Insane Two-Week Rainstorm of 2015. While we're grateful that we didn't get water damage on any of our actual belongings, the basement is a wreck and we're looking at about 3-5 years worth of projects to get everything worked out, with a price tag that would make you puke if I told you. We're banking on this giving us some good cosmic currency and allowing other life events to run smoothly. A major shout-out to Super Cool Neighbors Josh & Lauren for emptying our pack rat's nest and watching Fenner for hours. A quadruple thank you to John & Christa for coming down right away, helping us sort through and store all our crap, and helping lighten the mood for the weekend. 

No comments: